regina asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Why does weed make me feel like ****?

I smoked for the first time a few months ago. It was a HORRIBLE experience. I took a big hit from a joint and went into a full blown panic attack. I’ve tried it a few more times since in much smaller doses, and strains that have high CBD and low THC. Why does weed make me totally freak out? I want to enjoy to BENEFITS of this plant like pain relief (I suffer from endometriosis and therefore a LOT of pain), help for depression and anxiety... Not cause my depression. Will I ever be able to enjoy weed?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

paranoia is a normal response, so is not using again....

• 2 months ago

The side effects of marijuana effect each individual differently, therefore anyone of these answers could be wrong. 

Before smoking marijuana, you should know the main 3 strains. -Sativa, -Indica -Hybrid. 

Indica, commonly known as in-da-couch. Will put you on your ***, OR become a depressant depending on mental state, AND you as an individual.  For myself I’ve noticed it’s not okay for me to smoke Indica’s while I’m depressed. I’ll smoke strictly sativa’s during these periods. 

Sativa, I like to call it an “upper”. You may not get the sleepy effect right away, depending on mental state a Sativa can make you feel on top of the WORLD. I’ve noticed if I am feeling very anxious. I can’t smoke a Sativa because my thoughts race during these periods. 

Hybrid—Sativa/Indica,  - I love hybrids. I can’t really give you a negative/positive because I can’t recall either, (which means it’s a good sign) but a hybrid basically is half sativa, half indica giving you a bit of a balance. I can say, when I smoke a Hybrid depending on what I’m feeling (tired, lazy, etc..) I will go more towards that side effect of the indica, BUT I won’t be in-da-couch. If I’m in a happy energetic mood. I’ll clean like a beast, learn how to play piano, (tru story) and just really do anything my mind wants. 

I hope my comment was helpful. DM me for further questions 💗

Source(s): MMJP/ Cannabis Enthusiasts.
    • eva2 months agoReport

Each person is different. Cannabis just might not be a fit. But if you’re willing to do reasearch and figure out what works for you the benefits are pretty great. 

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Will you ever be able to enjoy weed? Probably not considering your reaction to it. There are other more effective treatments for Endometriosis that don't involve schedule 1 controlled substances.

• 2 months ago

I wonder know, because I wouldn't dream of smoking things like that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It make you feel like $hit because you don't know how it works. It increases emotioms! If you are in a good mood, everything will be fine.

Take MSM (organic sulfur) for the pain. Do the iodine cure (dr. Brownstein), do a real detox from chemicals and heavy metals and do the GAPS diet (Dr. Campbell Mcbride ).

• 2 months ago

Smoking, ingesting, or vaping marijuana can make you high or “stoned.” If you’ve never tried marijuana, you might wonder what it feels like.

Marijuana can have drastically different effects from one person to the next. Some people report feeling happy or relaxed. Others report laughter, altered time and sensory perception, and increased appetite. But marijuana can also cause less-desirable effects.

Keep in mind that marijuana is still illegal in most states. In others, it’s only legal with a prescription. You should only use marijuana when it’s legal.

• mac
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

well remember....CBD has zero THC........sothat wont get you high..second you need to get smaller % of THC weed.......like 16-20% THC then start with just 1 or two hits for roughly an hour..and go from their

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Same... I've tried smoking weed dozens of time, and it never helped with anything. It just made me dehydrated and miserable. It's not for everybody I guess. If you want natural remedies for depression, anxiety, or stress try Ashwagandha, St John's Wart, Valerian root, Lemon balm, rhodiola, cell salts, etc

• 2 months ago

Maybe it was laced with something. Especially if it was vaped. There's a news story saying vaping CBD is dangerous because lots of street drugs are getting put into the cannabis oil, and some people have ended up in comas:

"This May 2018, photo provided by Joseph Jenkins shows his son, Jay, in the emergency room of the Lexington Medical Center in Lexington, S.C. Jay Jenkins suffered acute respiratory failure and drifted into a coma, according to his medical records, after he says he vaped a product labeled as a smokable form of the cannabis extract CBD. Lab testing commissioned as part of an Associated Press investigation into CBD vapes showed the cartridge that Jenkins says he puffed contained a synthetic marijuana compound blamed for at least 11 deaths in Europe. (Joseph Jenkins via AP)

Jay Jenkins says he hesitated when a buddy suggested they vape CBD.

'It’ll relax you,' the friend assured.

The vapor that Jenkins inhaled didn’t relax him. After two puffs, he ended up in a coma.

That’s because what he was vaping didn’t have any CBD, the suddenly popular compound extracted from the cannabis plant that marketers say can treat a range of ailments without getting users high. Instead, the oil was spiked with a powerful street drug."

https://www.apnews.com/7b452f4af90b4620ab0ff0eb2cc...

• regina2 months agoReport

Definitely wasn’t laced, because this has happened multiple times, with MULTIPLE different strains of weed. All of which were bought legally from reputable dispensaries. I live in LA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.