Can you derestrict a lance Cabo 50 Cdi?

I have a new lance Cabo 50 scooter/moped. I looked at the cdi box and unplugged the wire that a lot of people said was the rev limiting wire. I still topped off at 42mph as I did before removing the wire. But I noticed the scooter sped up a lot faster after unplugging the wire. I had a few questions. 1- is it ok to... show more I have a new lance Cabo 50 scooter/moped. I looked at the cdi box and unplugged the wire that a lot of people said was the rev limiting wire. I still topped off at 42mph as I did before removing the wire. But I noticed the scooter sped up a lot faster after unplugging the wire. I had a few questions. 1- is it ok to unplug something from the cdi as long as the scooter still runs? I’m scared by removing the wire it’s gonna make the scooter break down somehow.
2- did I maybe remove the wrong wire? I looked at the lance Cabo specs and it said they topped out at 30 restricted. Mine goes 40. I wanna at least get to 45 to keep up with traffic. So if it’s 40 restricted right now , is it possible to just remove a wire to get some more speed?
3- if I buy a aftermarket cdi without a speed limiter will I be able to hit 45? And does an aftermarket cdi cause any problems with the scooter?