Should I seek Medical Attention for this skin rash?

It started underneath both armpits. It was just really itchy. I didn't notice any hives or anything. I assumed it was a combo of shaving them poorly & a heat rash. It went on for a couple weeks before it became a major concern, it kept worsening & spreading outward, this expanding red radius of skin. I started with applications of Aloe. Then tried Cortizone, Calamine lotion, moisturizer, anti-itch cream, & when nothing worked I moved to hydrocortisone. It wasn't helping either. I nearly used the entire tube in a day. We thought it may be an allergy reaction so I had changed my entire diet & re-washed all my sheets & clothes in a fragrance free detergent, when suddenly hives began appearing in various places. It worsened & spread over a few days until it reached my face. Instead of hives, my face became blotchy, dry, & itchy. My lips feel dry & tight around the edges. The weird thing is that the main rash under my armpits has seemingly subsided. It's the rest of my body that periodically itches. What is happening?

3 Answers

  • 1 year ago

    This sounds like a version of Jock Itch. Did you try putting anti=fungal gel on it? It will spread, and you may get very tiny very itchy blisters which is the allergy to fungus.

  • 1 year ago

    Seek medical attention if a blistering rash affects the skin around your eyes, multiple areas in your mouth or your genitals. The rash is painful: Painful rashes should quickly be evaluated by a physician. The rash is infected: If you have an itchy rash and you scratch it, it may become infected.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    Ask a doctor I don't know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.