Becoming a police officer?

I’m currently in college to obtain my bachelors degree in Justice Studies. By the time I graduate, it’ll be 10 years and a few months since I’ve been in trouble with the law. I have a juvenile record, all misdemeanors, no felonies. Possession of Marijuana, Obstructing an officer, and possession of a weapon while in... show more I’m currently in college to obtain my bachelors degree in Justice Studies. By the time I graduate, it’ll be 10 years and a few months since I’ve been in trouble with the law. I have a juvenile record, all misdemeanors, no felonies. Possession of Marijuana, Obstructing an officer, and possession of a weapon while in school. Yes, I admit to my time being an idiot as a kid, but I moved on and left that behind. Not asking for sympathy, just want some knowledge from other people who are in law. Shall I change my major ? Will I get a shot at joining the force ? Like I said, I have no adult record, only juvenile & by the time i graduate, it’ll be over 10 years since I even had a talk with the law, Thank you.
8 answers 8