What's the best way for me to lose weight?

For reference I'm 16, 5"6 and weigh about 192 pounds, I went to get my weight checked today and I felt a sudden feeling of shoke, all I could think was "HOLY I'm almost 200 pounds at 16!!!". My problem is that I have an addiction to sugared drinks and high foods that contain high-carbs (I... show more For reference I'm 16, 5"6 and weigh about 192 pounds, I went to get my weight checked today and I felt a sudden feeling of shoke, all I could think was "HOLY I'm almost 200 pounds at 16!!!". My problem is that I have an addiction to sugared drinks and high foods that contain high-carbs (I really love pasta and drinks like Kool-aid).

My mom bless her heart, she is so sweet but she's super obese and constantly buys junk food. We eat a lot of fast food, and when we don't eat fast food she'll go out and purchase an mild-horribly unhealthy dinner, she also has huge problem with sugar consumption, I'll see her drink like 5 servings of kool-aid in a day or drink 1-2 small cans root-beer that have like 60mg of sugar per can.

And when I ever I get considered about both our health she jusy shrugs it off and says "it'll be fine", when I try to convince her that we NEED to be healthier she won't follow through and will purchase a box of sugared cereal or cookies "they were on sale, I couldn't resist!"

I think me and my mom have both fallen for junk food addictions, I wanna stop but it's hard, and since I'm young I kinda have to eat what she buys me. I'm just really worried for the both of us. And to clarify I'm not saying larger people are ugly, I'm worried about future joint pain/heart problems.
1 answer 1