When you came out of the closet how did they react(LGBT)?

My mom was very accepting when I told her.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm aro/ace. First reaction from my mom was a little laugh and then she realized I was serious and was like "wait thats a thing?". I think she was a little worried at first just because she thought I would be lonely but then she realized that is not the case.

I told a friend and she didn't think I was joking but she also didn't know that being aro/ace is a thing so she was a little surprised and then she had so many questions and then she got excited and was like "omg you could do so much" and I was confused and she said that being attracted to people is distracting and without that distraction I could do anything. And then she was like "hey you could help a gay guy stay in the closet! Pretend to be his girlfriend and you wont ever develop feelings so it would work" And I'm just like ".....yeah I guess I could". It was weird but I appreciate her enthusiasm and support.

• Login to reply the answers
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

My mother said she was waiting years for me to finally come out. Dad was bit more surprised. Siblings all had different attitudes.

• 4 months ago

my parents were really surprised and at first didn't know what to think, but they both came to understand and support it.

• 4 months ago

They didn't because I'm not out. My sexuality is my business

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tj
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Some of us have been put out of the home.

• 4 months ago

My family were initially indifferent, and have over the years grown to even embrace it.

• 4 months ago

My father considered it irrelevant because he's a psychopath. My mother was fine with it and said it brought us closer.

• 4 months ago

Idk I've had different reactions.

• 4 months ago

They said "You can't be - Lookit how you dress!"

• 4 months ago

my friends were like "Come out we give up looking for you!"

i won hide and seek. good feeling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.