When you came out of the closet how did they react(LGBT)?

My mom was very accepting when I told her.

Favorite Answer

I'm aro/ace. First reaction from my mom was a little laugh and then she realized I was serious and was like "wait thats a thing?". I think she was a little worried at first just because she thought I would be lonely but then she realized that is not the case.

I told a friend and she didn't think I was joking but she also didn't know that being aro/ace is a thing so she was a little surprised and then she had so many questions and then she got excited and was like "omg you could do so much" and I was confused and she said that being attracted to people is distracting and without that distraction I could do anything. And then she was like "hey you could help a gay guy stay in the closet! Pretend to be his girlfriend and you wont ever develop feelings so it would work" And I'm just like ".....yeah I guess I could". It was weird but I appreciate her enthusiasm and support.

• reme_1

My mother said she was waiting years for me to finally come out. Dad was bit more surprised. Siblings all had different attitudes.

my parents were really surprised and at first didn't know what to think, but they both came to understand and support it.

They didn't because I'm not out. My sexuality is my business

• Tj

Some of us have been put out of the home.

My family were initially indifferent, and have over the years grown to even embrace it.

My father considered it irrelevant because he's a psychopath. My mother was fine with it and said it brought us closer.

Idk I've had different reactions.

They said "You can't be - Lookit how you dress!"

my friends were like "Come out we give up looking for you!"

i won hide and seek. good feeling