Erik asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

Should I get a dog or cat?

Here's my life:

(1) I work 8 hours a day, can't go home for lunch.

(2) I sleep 12 hours a day when i don't work. And I am not gonna wake up and take my pet out to pee.

(3) I travel during summer, once or twice, and each time for a week or 2 weeks, and i don't wanna pay for daycare.

(4) I have bipolar( I have high energy days and low energy days), but for most of days I'll hit the gym after work then i just wanna watch tv. I am ok with taking it for a walk for 30 mins A DAY.

(5) I'm selfish. When it's cold outside, it'll be HUGE struggle for me to take my pet for a walk.

(6) I have the financial ability to send my pets to the vet if they were sick.

(7) I HATE it when dog barks for more than 30 seconds.

(8) I know I said I have high and low energy days, but if i was getting a dog, I want a lab or bull terrior, none of those chihuahua girly dogs. If it was a cat I want grey british shorthair.

(9) I live in an apt that allows pets, but for $50 a month though.

Which one should I get? Or should I just get a flower or a fish or something easy to take care of?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I kinda think you are trolling, but honestly, a cat would fit that lifestyle reasonably well. Unless you are also too unmotivated to scoop a litterbox. But they don't have to go outside at all, they meet most of their own needs for exercise and companionship, and as long as you don't get a Siamese they aren't particularly loud.

• Erik3 months agoReport

Not trolling, I need a companionship but I am not ready for all the commitments. I guess that's why I'm single lol.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

lol you made me laugh at the end there. But yeah a cat might do the trick

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Definitely a dog. Good luck!

• Anna
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

The asker shouldn't get a dog he doesn't want to get up on his days off to let it out to pee, he hates dogs barking for 30 seconds or more (can relate and understand that) and he probably wouldn't bother training it. He should get a flower not a pet.

• 3 months ago

neither..............You need therapy not the burden of a dependent living thing or creature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Get a plant....

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Go to the toy section of a really *upmarket* store, buy a dog and cat stuffed toy, stroke regularly...

• Joe
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Get a cactus. Put it near a sunny window. Go watch TV.

• 3 months ago

No pet. You don't have the right personality (Do you even HAVE a personality?) for one and are WAY too picky and controlling. You also would force a dog to not be able to go potty for TWELVE hours? WTF?

LOL that you think you could afford a British Shorthair and that a breeder would approve you to buy one!

What you need is psychiatric counseling and probably meds NOT a pet of ANY kind. Get over yourself! You sound like a complete a$$.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

"dum"? LOL!!!!

• 3 months ago

Do not get a pet.

• 3 months ago

I really wouldn't recommend getting dog or a cat as they are a huge responsibility and require lots of time to be spent with them. I'd recommend maybe getting some fish if you really want a pet as they don't require too much care, just feeding and occasionally cleaning the tank if it starts to look grimy

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

No way. Those fish would be dead in WEEKS once they forget to feed them because they don't give a damn for anyone but themself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.