I need help with resume and interview tips. How should I explain consulting work? I don t want to seem like a job hopper.?

I m afraid I might look like a job hopper to HR and hiring managers. For the last 3 years, I ve worked professionally as a consultant. Those contracts have been with various clients from different consulting firms. The work has been rewarding and lucrative. Now, due to concern for my aging parents, I need to... show more I m afraid I might look like a job hopper to HR and hiring managers. For the last 3 years, I ve worked professionally as a consultant. Those contracts have been with various clients from different consulting firms. The work has been rewarding and lucrative.

Now, due to concern for my aging parents, I need to stop traveling and find work in my hometown. I ve had multiple interviews and been told consistently I m overqualified and they need someone to remain in those roles without leaving. It s come up again and again. Of course I ve explained and tried to make them feel comfortable with me as a candidate. But it s not working.

Since the consulting roles have been 3 months - 1 yr, with different firms, and even more clients: should I lump the consulting work together or separately?

I want to be honest. However, I think the multiple contracts is preventing me from even being selected as a candidate. And, when I am selected by HR, the hiring managers are still wary.

Please send advice my way.