Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Black period blood?

I’m trying to decide if I’m being paranoid or if I should go see my lady doctor.

I got off of my period and a week later I started spotting black period blood everyday for the past 9 days so far. I’m not pregnant and I never have been.

I’m 20 years old and I’m in the middle of my second month using birth control. I don’t know if maybe it’s being caused by that, something else, or if I’m just having a weird period month.

Any information or suggestions help. Thank you in advance!

• D_21

Call the doctor and get a professional opinion on next steps. I've had black blood during a period before, and it was nothing. That was during a period though, and I was not on any birth control. I want to say not to worry, but because of the implant I suggest that out of an abundance of caution you may want to at least call your doctor to see what they think. Better safe, than sorry later.