Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

I've got a history activity tomorrow in class. Please help me out!!!?

Tomorrow in history class, we're doing a speed-dating type activity. Everyone has been assigned an explorer (Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, John Cabot..) and we're supposed to pretend to be them while we rotate around the room and introduce ourselves to the other explorers, like speed-dating. At the end of class, we vote who was the best/most charismatic person, and they win some grand prize. I'm pretty stumped on what to do to win the prize.

What should I do to impress/entertain each person I speed-date so that they will vote me? Thank you for your answers!!

Update:

additional: we can have accents, dress up (probably not possible for me). My explorer is Tristan de Luna!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ply them with strong drink and glass beads, sell them rusty weapons and diseased blankets. If they are insensible or dead then they cannot vote. You vote for yourself and dance off into the sunset with a feather in your cap.

• 2 months ago

Better give "Best Answer" to Andrew, because it's impossible to make a better reply to your question than what he has done. Every day I thank my good fortune that my U.S.-born father came to Canada to join the army in July '41 & never went back. I'd seriously contemplate suicide if I were as uninformed & ignorant as my U.S. cousins.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Sara: One as out-to-lunch on history as you are is in no position to comment on others who
      tell you how inadequate you are. You seem to mistaken think that every comment is all & only about you. That shows a perceptual deficit that you should work on now, before it impedes your whole life.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What a silly and pointless activity. Small wonder Americans don't know anything about the rest of the world and have no foundation in history. Mimicking an accent and pretending to be an explorer who died hundreds of years ago isn't teaching a student anything. We know what these men did, but little about their personalities. Turning a history lesson into a costume party is the perfect analogy for the American educational system. And in true American fashion, it's not about being the most accurate in your portrayal, it's about being the most over the top. I'd wager that my daughters who are toddlers know more about history than your teacher. Enjoy your party. Perhaps one day you might be inclined to read a book written by someone who's not a fool.

• Andrew
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You're not American, huh? Is that why in your other questions you talk about your mother being a native Alaskan and how you moved to the US? Your teacher is American. I never said anything about you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.