I've got a history activity tomorrow in class. Please help me out!!!?

Tomorrow in history class, we're doing a speed-dating type activity. Everyone has been assigned an explorer (Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, John Cabot..) and we're supposed to pretend to be them while we rotate around the room and introduce ourselves to the other explorers, like speed-dating. At... show more Tomorrow in history class, we're doing a speed-dating type activity. Everyone has been assigned an explorer (Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, John Cabot..) and we're supposed to pretend to be them while we rotate around the room and introduce ourselves to the other explorers, like speed-dating. At the end of class, we vote who was the best/most charismatic person, and they win some grand prize. I'm pretty stumped on what to do to win the prize.

What should I do to impress/entertain each person I speed-date so that they will vote me? Thank you for your answers!!
Update: additional: we can have accents, dress up (probably not possible for me). My explorer is Tristan de Luna!!