Anonymous

Should I be concerned If my manager of my company does not have a LinkedIn profile?

I was curious the other day, but I tried to find my manager on linkedin but could not find his name. There seems to be no records of them on linkedin. I was curious to know if his credentials are true.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Pam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Not being on Linked In does not mean that credentials aren't "true". It may mean that he doesn't know about Linked In or is not computer saavy or any number of reasons. Don't jump to a conclusion based on something inconclusive.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

First of all, being on LinkedIn doesn't necessarily make it true or false. You're falling into the trap of believing that anything someone posts on LinkedIn MUST be true when LinkedIn IS NOT a valid verification of facts. For example, let's say someone sends you a fake resume. They could just as easily post a fake profile on LinkedIn with the same information and you would believe it to be true. Man-o-day. You're an easy one.

It might be the case that he just doesn't want too much personal information out there to make life easier for an identity thief. People who post information on LinkedIn are at a disadvantage because their adversaries will use that against them. I don't care who you are. You have an adversary out there somewhere whether you realize it or not.

BTW why are YOU trying to creep your manager's profile on LinkedIn?

This is a revealing statement right here:

"I was curious to know if his credentials are true."

See what I mean?

• 2 months ago

No, not everyone wants one or even uses it, you don’t need one to be legit

• Sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why? I dont have one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, not concerned. It's just a social media application, not a licensing board. Has nothing to do with his credentials. Far from everyone uses linkedin.

• 2 months ago

Most people don't if they have never considered changing jobs the past few years. I got my last job in 2002 and don't even know if they existed then. Someone sent me a link once so I looked but had no interest in it. Manager might just not care about it so didn't make a profile.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it dont mean anything, he just dont have a linked acct, not everyone has one

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.......why be concerned ??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.