What do you think? Creature or Paredolia?

We found this in a light anomaly in a video we took when we examined the frames. We were filming a short movie about a civil war Soldier (me) and when I ducked out of frame a "light anomaly" appeared for a half second or so. Looking at the frames, the "Head" appeared. The camera suddenly jerks downward giving a clear frame of the body---right shoulder, breast neck, chin and left aim (half in shadow so it looks thinner)

Camping in "Rocky Springs" on the Natchez Trace in MS----site of a "disappeared town".

I would have expected a "ghost", but THIS is really odd. Lots of fine detail to be mere paredolia---but that is an open option

Favorite Answer

Looks like a bat

• Tom

I like THAT one BEST of all. That also explains the lighting on it, as the camera was close to the light we were using. Those woods were quite WILD. and the motion of the light anomaly could have easily been a bat.

I wish you had just shown the pic and asked opinions first, as you inadvertently suggested the content of the photo to us. I see a bare-chested ***** in this pic and quite clearly at that. That has to be a keeper.

• English Guy

Tom, the idiots just blocked the word n.e.g.r.o

• Tom

My best guess is a BAT buzzed the camera.---After all, it was in the deep woods at night.--and quite detailed. A lot more likely than a Ghost or Alien---as we KNOW BATS exist.

• John

Examples of pareidolia can be found everywhere. Our brains are trained to look for facial patterns in random data. Given the information at hand, I doubt it's a creature.

Here's a rather well known example. The photo of the bearded man (some call him Jesus) looks incredibly detailed. Yet, it is actually a photo of a toddler in a bonnet, with vegetation in the background. Our brain really wants to see a face so it may take a little effort to see what's really being photographed.

• Gary K

If you are going to ask if something is pareidolia, you shouldn't firstly prime people with words like "head", "shoulder", "neck", "arm", etc. If you'd just asked what do you see in this photo, I'd say "nothing in particular".

Looks like a phedophile.