Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 3 months ago

Have you bought a washing machine within the past five years, and has the washer been reliable? Which brand did purchase?

Thank you.

*you*

Favorite Answer

Bought a Hotpoint washing machine. Very simple and unflashy unlike my previous one Zanussi. Seems to be work well after almost 2 years

Speed Queen.

Top loader.

You will have to pry my top loader from my hands before I go to smelly, problematic front loaders.

• hart

I have a Bosch front loader going well

and I will bay Bosch again

• John P

My Bosch machine, in my home in the UK and bought about 15 years ago, is still going well.

• B

LG

but you got to leave the dispensers&doors open to dry out after every load

We purchased a Bosch set 15 years ago. Have never had any problems. I use the cleaner tablets ever 6-12 months. Best machines I’ve ever had.

Bought mine 10 yrs ago, still going fine. Havent called any service out.

Samsung front loader, basic kind, no steam but it does have a sanitizer option. Works ok. I put soft mats between the machines when I spin dry towels, blankets or anything that will be heavy.

It doesnt clean as well as the agitation washers, but I just spray spots w a pretreat as I’m loading the machine. It doesn’t tear up your clothes like an agitation washer will.

CONS: Machine has lots of places in the door trim that hold onto water so it usually smells like mold. I prop the door open with a clothespin when not using so that it doesnt get too bad. The wrinkle free setting runs really hot, seems it ought to run at the same temp as the original temp that was used. It can almost melt plastic!

Nah it broke, me and my m8 decided

I only buy used Sears Kenmore, the two I have are ten years old to me and probably ten years beyond that.

I have a Samsung front loader. It's kinda of meh. Sometimes I have to reboot it because it won't let me change settings (by which I mean I unplug it for a few minutes).

Bought a Speed Queen top loader. Has been very reliable. These are the same brand that have been used in laundromats for years. The domestic models have a commercial transmission and one of the longest warranties in the business.

• Beverly

I have Speed Queens and they are about 25 years old, they came from Montgomery Wards, never sorry I purchased them. Just your basic top loaders, no bells or whistles.