Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 2 months ago

Will Israel eventually annex other Middle East countries?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The answer is no, Israel want to exist as the democratic Jewish state and live in peace with its Arab neighbors

• 2 months ago

Look what theyve done to Gazza son!

Attachment image
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.

Not only has Israel not stated that as any sort of goal, but their behaviour over the decades suggests otherwise.

In other words, the last time Israel gained territory was in 1967. Since then, they have a) given the Sinai to Egypt b) withdrew from Gaza c) gave a degree of autonomy to the PA in the West Bank.

However, that will not stop some anti Israel cranks from claiming (and they appear to be serious) that Israel has a goal to extend from the Nile to the Euphrates.

This, in spite of the complete absence of any Israeli politician or official making any sort of mention of that.

• BMCR
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Like I said, "But why do you have to be SO BAD at it?"
      "Hope you will vote Andrew Scheer"
      Well, we do not have direct elections for the PM and I don't live in his riding, so no, I won't be voting for him personally.

• 2 months ago

YES

The Bible contains a geographical definitions of the greater israel found in Genesis 15:18–21 seems to define from the Nile (Egypt) to the Euphrates Iraq.

Some Wise Jews are against this view in the Bible because they believe that the dream will be destroyed if the Zionists will do it their way, and I believe them.

• BMCR
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"you refuse our non-scientific opinions"
      So, your claim is an "opinion" now?
      And the issue with your "opinions" is not that they are "non scientific" but that they are simply wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

All ME countries dream Israel would annex them, but...

We can't feed Mexico and South America...

And Israel can't feed all ME countries...

• Yes
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Israel wants to create what is known as "Greater Israel". As from what we've already seen from their latest aggression against Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria it goes to show you that they will stop at nothing to obtain their goal. Netanyahu even promises such if he is re-elected, which I wouldn't be surprised if that actually did happen. Luckily Putin (despite his flaws) told Bibi to take a hike regarding Syria, and thankfully we have Hezbollah to send the IDF into the ground.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Map of Jewish Hasmonean Kingdom of Judah (aka Judea) including the West Bank, Gaza, and Golan Heights, with its capital of (what is now EAST) Jerusalem / “Old City”.
      Between 110 BCE / 754 BH and 63 BCE / 706 BH:
      https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Hasmonean_kingdom.jpg

• TNO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.

Israelis are really all about controlling their homeland and don't have some grand design over the entirety of the Middle East like some people believe. Controlling more territory really isn't in their best interest, as they don't have the population or the resources to both successfully manage as a part of their nation and safeguard from hostile forces.

Israel has gained more territory in the past, but that was never their main goal in any war. Their aim is defense, and taking control of land can come about when you repel hostile armies and keep them at bay. Israel historically is willing to negotiate with and forfeit these lands for peace, which they did with Sinai and Egypt (which was successful) and Gaza with the Palestinians (which was unsuccessful). You may be asking about the Golan, and I'll grant that has been incorporated much more into Israel; but, Syria has done nothing to open peaceful channels anyway and besides, it's not completely off the table if they want peace. Sinai and Gaza had communities that were ingrained as Israeli too, but they were relinquished all the same. Peace is much more of a requirement for Israel when it comes to the Golan, though, given how the position has the higher ground and Israeli villages were shelled by Syrian hostiles from that position.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Indeed TNO. What does the general reader believe the Oslo Accords were, if not a contraction of control.

• 2 months ago

We are the Jewish and we love the annusxes! From riligious> Halo!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.