Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 3 months ago

How do I start my car?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

turn the key, problem solved.

• Nini
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If it cranks but won't start it could be flooded. Hold the gas pedal down with your foot and crank it to see if it starts. If it does start, take your foot off the pedal quickly. Next time, let us know what type of vehicle you're trying to start.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

A Stanley? Pump up the gas and kerosene burners, open valve togas burner, light it. In 5 minutes, open valve to kero burner, light it, gas off.. In 30 minutes, check primary/secondary pressures. Should be 750 and 125 PSI. (This is Way oversimplified). .

Model T? Pull choke wire at radiator, set R lever up, L lever slightly down, switch Coils to Battery, get out, pull Up on crank. (Unwrap your thumb. ) When it starts, get back in, set coil switch to Mag.

A model A, stomp gas pedal, pull choke full out, put in N with parking brake on, ignition on, push start pedal Above the accelerator , hard to floor. When starts, release it and push choke 1/2 way in.

Later cars, similarly, but turn key full CW to start . Release key when started.

Later cars with auto choke:: similarly, but tap gas when started to get off fast idle.

If you have an old TerseHell with a lean carb for smog; gas to floor 4 times to start.

New cars w/EFI, just put in P or N (may have to push brake to shift), ignition on, turn to Start position. Make sure key fob has good battery.

• 3 months ago

First you have to know how to drive then you can start

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Call a garage and ask them to collect your car. When they ask what's wrong, tell them your too f*cking stupid tohave a car.

• 3 months ago

If you don't know how to start it, leave it be. You surely don't know how to drive it.

• 3 months ago

Turn key to start, flip kickstarter out, kickstart, reassemble leg after engine kickback.

• Anon3 months agoReport

Fools like You say everyone "breaks their arm".cranking old Fords, too. My daddy and all his brother Never got so much as a sore wrist from it. Easy to do it Right; Easier to do it Wrong. You Learn From that one mistake!

• don r
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Ask your parent to show you how. Then do what they told you.

• 3 months ago

for the cars with the start button, put ur car key next to the power start button, step on the brake pedal, and push the start button to start ur car.

Source(s): we have an electric car with the start button.
  • A C
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Turning the key works for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.