What would be the symptoms of getting arthritis in my finger and knuckle?

im a male aged 41 and ive been worrying recently because in recent times ive been getting an 'aching sensation' in the first finger and knuckle on my right hand, especially when handling something heavy or a heavy object.....i have never injured that area of my hand...so i'm wondering what this could be... show more im a male aged 41 and ive been worrying recently because in recent times ive been getting an 'aching sensation' in the first finger and knuckle on my right hand, especially when handling something heavy or a heavy object.....i have never injured that area of my hand...so i'm wondering what this could be or if it is a bit of arthritis setting in?

what does anyone think this could be?

could it be arthritis? will i be able to continue to use my right hand to grip things etc?

does anyone here have arthritis or know the general symptoms? if you have arthritis anywhere in your hands, fingers, knuckles etc - can you still use your hand to grip things etc?