Is this normal?

I was sent to the ER 2 days ago for a super bad ear infection. They checked me over, and said it didn't sound like a normal ear infection, and they suspected I have a perforated eardrum. They sent me down to my local hospital to urgent care to get it looked at properly, seeing as the view of my eardrum is super... show more I was sent to the ER 2 days ago for a super bad ear infection. They checked me over, and said it didn't sound like a normal ear infection, and they suspected I have a perforated eardrum. They sent me down to my local hospital to urgent care to get it looked at properly, seeing as the view of my eardrum is super obscured because there's so much infection which is causing a lot of earwax.

I went down to my local hospital and they said it just looks like an outer ear infection, not an inner one, and that my doctor gave me the wrong antibiotics, sent me home with some new ones. I've been using the new antibiotics for about 2 days, and when I started using them, the pain got worse. The tinnitus has gotten worse and a sort of 'ripping' sound keeps coming into my ear. It's not my ear popping. It literally feels like the inside of my ear is being torn. My other ear has also started hurting now, so pain in both ears has got significantly worse.

I'm apprehensive to visit the ER again. Though, I'm even more concerned as my mother has had Mastoiditis twice. I know it's only been 2 days since I started the new antibiotics, but they shouldn't be making it worse, right? I'm just worried the doctor will once again dismiss it as a usual ear infection, but the pain is unbearable at this point, and I have been very close to passing out from the pain multiple times in more recent days.