Is it good to drink water at night?

No, you're body starts to preserve energy, basically because of less energy used, so the water can be misplaced to places such as you're lungs

Yes because if I don't, I wake up thirsty 

I take every Y/A! Team question seriously since... well... it comes from the source...

I've had weird things happen drinking water not before bed but - in the middle of the night waking up randomly and just being thirsty... or waking up early in the morning but still trying to sleep (I work nights so I'm a partial Day Sleeper)...

I also beg to ask whether or not this question takes into account 'diluted' water sources... such as beer and juices and diet sodas... 

idiotic question

Only if you do not mind getting up several times during the night.

Some people think drinking water prior to bed can decrease the risk of stroke

Yes.  Specially if you have been drinking heavily.  It helps prevent dehydration and decreases the severity of your hangover the next day.  

• It's good to drink water whenever you damned please.

No. Use a shock collar!

No. I believe humans can go without water drinking at all. This said Herbert Shelton in book Orthotrophy chapter Drink. He called it "a 6 glasses per day dogma". Because we are able to get such water by eating fruits as main food instead of bread, cereals, animal foods. Fruits are full of water. Cereals are dry, not healthy, and if you mix them with liquid such as milk it causes fermentation and diseases because of incompatibility of different foods. Read chapter Correct Food Combining. But best to follow body feelings, drink only when thirsty! Not when somebody says! So eat fruit instead of cereals, your health will improve too.

• d_raza11 month agoReport

No it will just awaken you to go to pee. Drinking lot of water doesn't help even during daytime.