Emma asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Why are my ferritin levels not increasing?

For the past month I’ve been taking prenatal vitamins (just for the extra vitamins) which have quite a bit of iron in them. I’ve been losing hair for the past two in a half months, so my doctor drew my blood and my iron levels were normal and my ferritin levels were only at a 4, which I’m sure is the cause of my hair loss. However, what I dont understand is why the vitamins have not helped to raise it at all. I got my blood drawn about 3 weeks after I started taking the vitamins. I’m losing my mind over this. I’m only 20 years old!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ask your doctor, not us.

We have no idea why your hair is falling out even though you are taking vitamins. Just because you are taking vitamins doesn't mean you are getting the right balance of nutrients you need. Too much of a good thing is still too much and can cause issues.

Talk to your doctor. They should have been the ones to tell you to take these vitamins. If they aren't stop taking them and talk with your doctor.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

ask your doctor. thatxs why he's there!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only take what your doctor tells you to take. If you are not preggers, you do not need the prenatal formula. You may have to eat foods that your doctor or nutritionist recommend, even if they are not 'likable.' The hair loss is most likely due to stress.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.