Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Baby not having soaked diapers?

I don't know if it's just because of the diapers that are soaking all the pee, but my baby isnt having soaked diapers that when I take them off, they're not really heavy or don't feel very wet. I feed her like I usually do but her diapers just don't feel very heavy or feel like she barely wet them and I do wait an hour or even longer but still feels the same..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

How old is your baby? And how often are you changing her diaper? Assuming she is over 5 days old (since you are feeding her 'as usual') she should have at least 5 soaking wet diapers a day. Obviously if you change her 20 times a day, each individual diaper may not be soaking wet, but the total amount she pees should equal at least that amount.

If you suspect she is getting dehydrated (usually that will also make baby seem unusually drowsy) this is not something that can wait until her next appointment.

• 2 months ago

Maybe you should make sure the baby isn’t having a health problem passing urine do an input and output for a day tracking what you put in her and what she’s putting out you can use a small scale to weigh the diaper. If it’s all adding up you’ve just some great diapers if not go to the pediatrician asap

• 2 months ago

I think you should definitely bring this up at your next appointment with your pediatrician.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.