Sèonaid asked in SportsCricket · 4 months ago

My Dad says the Aussies should be allowed to take the real 'urn' back home. What's your opinion on this?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • carrie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it would get lost, it is better kept at Lords.

• carrie
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Thank you Shona.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

No, Warner would break it.

• 4 months ago

They are happy with what they've got

• 4 months ago

I thought that was the Whole idea.................but as trophies go, it's the silliest , smallest little thing........probably too fragile to be tossed around a lot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

No. Sports that last long enough realize that their original trophies have only so much life in them and need to be retired and kept in a museum-like setting. Travel-worthy replicas are made. In the top professional ice hockey league, the original Stanley Cup was just silver bowl, to which silver bands were added as needed, for each succeeding champion to be added to the trophy. More bands were added until the trophy reached its current size. The original silver bowl has resided at the Hockey hall of Fame in Toronto for many years and it never leaves. Bands, once they are full, are removed and kept on display. There are currently two replicas. One remains in Toronto and the other is loaned out to the winning team. Each player on the team gets to have it for a day, but a caretaker travels with the Stanley Cup wherever it goes.

I would imagine the original Urn is in no condition to travel very far.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

They say the urn is so fragile it would fall apart if it was moved. It did make a trip to Australia about 15-20 years ago but its unlikely to travel again.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes they should be allowed to do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.