Katie asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Wisdom teeth surgery?

So,I’m getting my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday (the 18th) and I’m absolutely terrified.I am getting all 4 out and I am absolutely terrified.I can’t get this knot out of my stomach,I’ve lost my appetite,I really am considering calling to cancel because I’m so scared.I need to know how bad the iv hurts,what does it feel like and for how long?What happens as soon as they put the iv in?Does it hurt when they take it out and tube it?Do they connect you to wires?I have never had surgery,I’ve never been put to sleep for anything,I am freaking out.Im terrified of needles and all things medical.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

While wisdom tooth surgery may sound scary, having your wisdom teeth pulled can often be a better experience than not doing so when you consider the pain associated with wisdom teeth problems.

• 2 months ago

You will be fine trust me

• 2 months ago

I promise you your gonna survive. Just take one step at a time and go with the flow and be done with it

• 2 months ago

The worst thing that can happen is you can die. If not that, you could end up brain dead. If not that, you could end up retarded. What you need to consider to make it safer is where you are having it. If the dentist is just a regular dentist and you are getting it done in his office, then you are at risk. You should get it done either in the office of a board certified oral surgeon or in a surgery center. The person giving the anesthesia should be an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist. If they are doing "conscious sedation" then make sure they are using an EKG, automatic BP machine, CO2 monitor and pulse oximeter. Better ask them.

• Katie2 months agoReport

You’re ******* dumb and you are not helping.Of course I’m getting it done at an oral surgeons office you dumb piece of ****.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ramona
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

What helps me when I have to go to the dentist is to not think about it at all. deal with the dentist on the day. Pretend you are to go to the beach that day, try to relax.

Don't let your thoughts snowball. You are lucky to be put to sleep. Most people have to be awake for this process like I have.

You can't cancel because if you do, it's just running away from what will happen one day. If you keep them in, they will eventually rot the good teeth next to the widson teeth. They will rise up and you will start chewing your cheeks. That is so painful, trust me.

• 2 months ago

Tell them how nervous you are about the IV and they will put a topical pain killer on your skin before they put it in. You won't feel a thing. They will then give you some nitrous oxide gas via an oxygen mask, after that you won't remember/feel a thing. The next thing you know you will be waking up in recovery and it will be all over. Isn't nearly as traumatic as your imagine is making it out to be.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is nothing to it. It only hurts for about one week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.