How to start a new career with no experience?

Address the issue

If you lack experience, don't try to brush over the fact. A cover letter is the perfect place to address any gaps in your CV, so use the opportunity to address any concerns the employer might have. Then...

Focus on what you DO have

Experience is important, but so is your attitude to work, your personality, your understanding of the company and its activity, motivation, resilience, ideas for the future - the list is endless, so don't get too hung up on any one thing.

Find experience you didn't know you had

Before you decide you don't have the experience, make absolutely sure this is true. Think back over your past jobs and try to draw links between the experience you need and the experience you have. Remember: it needn't be exactly the same; the key word to keep in mind is relevant. If you've organised a meeting or answered the phones, that's admin experience. If you've set up a Facebook page or created a flier, that's marketing. Think outside the box!

Create some experience

Do some voluntary work, work experience, or an internship.

Get an internship or get experience at a direct to hire temp agency. Temp agencies dont need experiences

• Spin

find a mentor or someone you can shadow

earn self confidence. try to self employment. try to bid in online marketing . work hard.

• B

start by asking for part time work

• Pam

My question is.....HOW do you start a career with NO EXPERIENCE? Asking for a friend!

Go down to McDonald's or Wendy's and ask for an application.

Try these 5 simple steps.

Step 1: Find a field you are interested

Step 2: Create a LinkedIn profile and update it

Step 3: Connect to the HRs and top people in your industry

Step 4: Update your resume

Step 5: Update your connections and ask them to guide and help you.

The chances are very high(if asked politely) that you will get a good response.

• paul

apprenticeship is the way to go

Some companies want to hire new fresh graduate based on your attitude during interview and a test. When I was 24, I had no experience but I had a college degree. The big boss and the manager both interviewed me. They gave me a written test and I aced it. I worked for that company for about 8 months and then I quitted and start my own business. The job was too boring for me.