What does it mean when an ant has trouble climming?

Its been raining so alot of ants have been coming in my house, I had 2 ants on the walls of my bathroom, then today I saw another one, but he couldn't get up the baseboard. I don't want to kill him so i caught him in a cup and noticed he was stumbling and walking sideways, he would climb up to the top of the cup then fall. Another any just like him was literally on my ceiling so I assume should be able to climb.

Often that is pesticide or chemical contamination. Little guy doesn't sound too well off.

They do need dry surfaces to climb even something as smooth as plastics or glass.

In keeping ants, I used a light coating of vaseline at the rim around the top of the formicarium to keep my ants from crawling out.

They don' have a trail to follow and are lost or exploring. What gets me is that once they find what they want, they figure out a good path back for the trail. Amazing that they map a complicated 3 dimensional, large area.

• Scooby

Maybe it's got something wrong with its legs,but put the ants outside,you don't want them breeding all over your house,you'll have a whole tribe in there before long.