What happened to that whole UK porn legislation thing?

UK Gov were going to implement some kind of I.D scheme, to control users who access pornography online. This was supposed to be back in April 2019, then it was delayed until June or something... then nobody ever heard anything about it again and nobody is any the wiser. It was supposed to be a massive campaign to... show more UK Gov were going to implement some kind of I.D scheme, to control users who access pornography online. This was supposed to be back in April 2019, then it was delayed until June or something... then nobody ever heard anything about it again and nobody is any the wiser. It was supposed to be a massive campaign to protect children online, from viewing adult content they shouldn't. It would have inevitably failed and officials were naïve to VPN and other types of surfing anonymously ...but I am wondering what happened about all of that? I have seen nothing about a cancellation or new plans.
Update: See this is what happens when you actually ask a serious question on here. No responses.
1 answer 1