Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

Christians, what is your opinion about Lutheranism?

I don't know what the current Lutheran Church in Germany and other Europeans countries teach now.

I am asking about Lutheranism as originally preached by Martin Luther.

Is that a best alternative to Catholic Church?

Favorite Answer

Lutheran is the thinking man's Catholicism. But today's Lutheran is not the same as in Martin's day. It is the established religion and doesn't think it necessary to have a reasonable faith. I was raised in an Independent Baptist church and became Lutheran later in life. I remember being visited by the Baptist preacher who asked my parents point blank if they were saved. The visit by the Lutheran pastor? Well he never talked faith at all, just the social aspects of churchgoing.

To me it's a different brand of Catholic but more like unto Protestants . As one who believed the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the most correct church on earth because of the testimony of Joseph Smith, I believe all Christian churches are "wrong" even if many and most believe in Jesus in honesty and truth. I know we will all be held accountable for the truth we reject and the lies we believe.

• Doug

Lutheranism teaches works for salvation which is false. Stay away from it.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

The best "alternative" to the Catholic Church is the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church. Both Churches are the heirs of the Church founded at Pentecost, and resulted from the Great Schism of 1054.. Both have the Fullness of Truth, apostolic succession, and all the Sacraments. All other churches were founded by men.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Huh?

The best alternative to the Catholic church, and any religious dogma, is the acceptance of only which can be sufficiently demonstrated to be true. As far as I know no religion, Christian or otherwise has fulfilled this requirement so the only rational alternative is atheism.

Lutheranism is almost as bad as catholicism and orthodox, and they all teach works for salvation, so all of them lead to hell (Galatians 1:6-9). Avoid lutheranism, orthodox, and catholicism. completely.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

I thought you said Luciferianism. Pretty much the same sort of thing. I mean, it's all nonsense, isn't it? The Satanical viewpoint is I am God. The pope calls himself holy father. I am God, no I am God, no, I am God, Buddha said he wasn't a God, and the Hindus made him one anyway, to go with the ten thousand other ones. It's funny how that works.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

• Misty

All religions are cults.

It’s False Religion. What ever religion that does not practice what they preach and follow Christ footsteps to Love all and spread the message he commanded his followers to give about God’s Kingdom preaching, teachings & disciple making.

Are Not True Religion

The scriptures are very clear about how to recognize True Worshipers. Unfortunately many do not abide by how God wants things, instead they incorporate their own standards and beliefs to please themselves. That is the sad state of the World, which the scriptures say is Ruled by God’s enemy Satan!