Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 months ago

Bags under my eyes for a month and they won't go away!?

So over a month ago I was feeling fine,looked good & felt healthy.A week later I got a toothache & I just ignored it because I can't afford to go to the dentist. Then it turned into an infection & my glands started swelling up & throat was sore. I ignored it, hoping it would just go away.(I am terrified of hospitals)Then 2 weeks after that I got very weak in my arms & legs, my arms would go numb to the point I woke up paralyzed in my arm for a min. It scared the crap out of me.Then I got bags under my eyes & my one cheek started swelling up. I went to the hospital. The doc said that it was either my tooth or strep throat. It was a bacterial infection.They prescribed me penicillin & pain killers(First time taking prescription drugs)

Now its been 2 weeks & the pain/weakness went away& I just finished my penicillin today. I noticed the the bags under my eyes hasn't went away yet&my skin is looking older as If I aged within 2 weeks.(I am 26)

Is this because the penicillin weakened my immune system? Will my bags go away&will my skin go back to normal? Is this normal after taking penicillin for 2 weeks for the first time? If so, how long?

Or do you think it could be another health problem? I am freaking out here..I looked it up on google & it all says they are a sign of aging, but there's no way I can age THAT much within a month &I can't find anything on side effects(non allergic ones) Can someone help me? Don't say go to the doctor, because I am not doing that until next week.

What I mean by my skin looks like it aged a bit, I mean I can see my veins in my hands, feet, arms & legs more than usual, & the skin under my eyes, cheeks and neck are sagging a bit. My arms look like they are getting older, like I can see my pores or whatever more and the skin wrinkles a bit when it a certain way. They aren't rashes or hives& aren't swollen, so I know its not an allergic reaction. I feel fine otherwise.

Just wondering if this is normal or not? Will it go back to normal?

** when I move it a certain way

I just need some peace of mind for this week. I have an appointment with the doctor next week. If it doesn't improve by then I will obv ask the doc. SO if anyone has any advice, experience or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.