Can anybody identify this song ?

I remember a country song that used to be played here and there years ago . The lyrics featured one fellow talking to his friend . He was going into the hospital for an operation, He expected to survive, but he was ready for the worst . He told his friend "If I don't make it, look in on my son once in a... show more I remember a country song that used to be played here and there years ago . The lyrics featured one fellow talking to his friend . He was going into the hospital for an operation, He expected to survive, but he was ready for the worst . He told his friend "If I don't make it, look in on my son once in a while ." . There was one part where he said "Take him out for a beer once in a while ." . I tried to Google the part I remembered, with minimal success . Does any of this sound at all familiar ? Can anybody out there identify this song ? Thank you in advance for your answers .
Update: Three cheers and a tiger for Your Uncle Dodge ! I was going nuts not knowing the name of this song ! Thank you, Uncle Dodge !
1 answer 1