Would I have a chance to get sole custody? Should I get a lawyer?

So, I fell in love with a drug dealer/addict who couldn’t keep his dick in his pants, and I thought having a baby with him would make him stay with me and make him change for me. So, four months after my daughter was born I’m now wanting sole custody of my daughter. He cheated on me when I was 2 months pregnant, tried to punch me in the face when I was 4 months pregnant, he choked me up against the fridge the other day and got arrested for it. He has a long record including theft, 4 marijuana related charges and one controlled substance charge, driving without a license charge and now the charge of battery or something when he choked me. His whole family is basically the same with similar charges on their records. Last weekend I allowed him to take my daughter to his sisters house when I kicked him out and he smoked weed with the guy that raped me 3 yrs ago while my daughter was in his care. This weekend he was smoking meth and weed with the same guy. I still love him but I can only take so much, but I’m not trying to act like I’m innocent, I have also slapped him or thrown my wedge boots at him and I have already moved on and am engaged to my old boyfriend what do you think would be the outcome if I tried to get sole custody of my daughter?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • `
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Consult an attorney who can view your case and advise you on your options.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You and he are equally qualified to be parents. He should fight for shared custody.

• 2 months ago

"So, I fell in love with a drug dealer/addict who couldn’t keep his dick in his pants". It takes "two to tango" sweetheart. What were you expecting from a drug dealer/addict?

• Jennifer2 months agoReport

“...I thought having a baby with him would make him stay with me and make him change for me.” It takes two eyes and a brain to read everything honey.

• 2 months ago

Sounds like if you can prove all that, you have a decent chance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You love him? you have no brain, one day he will kill you and your child! get right away from him, end it, and then get a lawyer,tell them what he is like and he will not be allowed near your child, and sue him for child support, oh and one other thing, get on to birth control.

Hey I never said I wasn’t dumb. When I fall in love it’s as if I actually have no brain.

• 2 months ago

Drivel. If there's any truth in this see a lawyer.

Yeah, to be honest go **** yourself I wish someone could make this **** that is my life up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.