You people, here on Y!A, and people everywhere, are exchanging statements; is it sometimes like this?

though with statements, people voice quite a lot of what they think and what they mean, little of what's meant is understood. Is this communication? Do you know what they mean? Do they know what you mean? Do you want to understand? Do you want to be understood? Do you want to communicate? Why would somebody not... show more though with statements, people voice quite a lot of what they think and what they mean, little of what's meant is understood. Is this communication? Do you know what they mean? Do they know what you mean? Do you want to understand? Do you want to be understood? Do you want to communicate? Why would somebody not want to communicate? Why would counterparts be unable to communicate?
Update: I realize that I don't always word things in the best way. Sorry. What I'm trying to say is: People are trying to say what they mean, and the people to whom they are speaking don't understand the person to whom they are listening. Do you agree? I'm following that question with more questions in an... show more I realize that I don't always word things in the best way. Sorry. What I'm trying to say is: People are trying to say what they mean, and the people to whom they are speaking don't understand the person to whom they are listening. Do you agree? I'm following that question with more questions in an attempt to illuminate why this might be so.
Update 2: Uncle Fester gets it.