How come i don’t lose weight for three days or so and then suddenly lose a pound and remain at that weight for three days and continue that?

little background is i lost lots of weight (only 10 ish pounds but i looked drastically different bc i wasn’t at a high weight to begin with) about 2 years ago and then regained the weight in like 3 months and an extra 20 pounds on top of that! (120 to 110 to 145) and i haven’t been able to lose weight since. Even... show more little background is i lost lots of weight (only 10 ish pounds but i looked drastically different bc i wasn’t at a high weight to begin with) about 2 years ago and then regained the weight in like 3 months and an extra 20 pounds on top of that! (120 to 110 to 145) and i haven’t been able to lose weight since. Even if i don’t even eat very much or eat a good amount neither way works: I seem to gain weight when i don’t eat very much and when i do eat “enough” i lose the same amount of weight each time and never get past like 140 pounds. I’m just wondering what to do at this point? i’m not happy with my body or my eating habits, not sure where to go from here.