Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Sometimes it’s hard for me to sleep at night cause I am afraid imma die in my sleep how can I get over the fear and sleep well without?

fearing imma die

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You can die. Lots of people die in their sleep. If you dont want to die in your sleep don't sleep. Die while you are real tired and standing around. Its ok with me and pretty much the rest of the world, I bet.

• Care411
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

? It is a fact, you can die in your sleep. It is also a fact out of 7.3billion people or more on earth few know the OP

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Die while you are awake. Guaranteed to fix that problem.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

One day it will happen.

Why sit there until you die?

If you remain where you are, you must perish.

If you go to Jesus you will live. If you sit in sullen dispair no one can pity you when your ruin comes; but if you were to die SEEKING MERCY (as IF that were possible) you would be the object of universal sympathy.

You know others who were saved by believing in Him (your own friends and neighbors); so why not you? Why not taste and see that the Lord is merciful?

To perish is awful. We assure that if you seek Him, you will find Him, for He casts out none who come to Him. You shall not perish if you trust Him. On the contrary; you shall find treasure; eternal treasure, that will be stored up for you beyond this life.

We preach to the living even where the vultures gather because we must. Because we know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Because we too were about to perish when we got up and sought mercy for ourselves. We preach because God has ordained us to do just that. A sacred responsibility.

Overcome the fear of death by letting Jesus take your place in it. Then you will have eternal life and live with Him forever in paradise.

• 2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out for help! Fear is a powerful emotion, and the first step to working through it is recognizing it, which you have already done. I'm so glad that you are reaching out for help, and with some practice, you can overcome your fear of anything. Fear is dictated by the thoughts we think, which cause the brain to produces chemicals and hormones that make us feel "fear." The key to overcoming fear is to (1) recognize it (ie. "I am beginning to feel afraid or anxious,") (2) Talk yourself through it (ie. "I am feeling like I am because I am thinking scary/negative thoughts about ________. This is just my body's response to these thoughts and this will pass in the next few minutes"), (3) Don't get up and try to "run away" from the feeling of fear, stay put, deep breath, and positive self-talk to yourself. The feelings of fear will pass within about 2 minutes, and once they do, you will realize that there is nothing to be afraid of. It is just your body's normal response to fearful thoughts. Once you recognize this, you begin recognizing that your entire life is controlled by your thoughts. Now that is a turning point and the beginning of empowerment. Check out the following 99 coping skills, which can help you to refocus her thoughts on positive things: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/Discove

If you ever need to talk to a counselor about what is going on in your life, you can always reach out to free crisis hotlines. Keep reaching out! Sincerely, KO, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

just wait until you're really sleepy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.