Pineapple Green Cheek Conure biting problem?

I got a green cheek about a month ago. She's 3 years old and we got her from some lady on craigslist that said she wanted a Cockatoo instead. I plan to be the final owner of this bird because it's unfair for a bird to go from place to place especially with a lifespan of about 20-30 years. Anyways, the... show more I got a green cheek about a month ago. She's 3 years old and we got her from some lady on craigslist that said she wanted a Cockatoo instead. I plan to be the final owner of this bird because it's unfair for a bird to go from place to place especially with a lifespan of about 20-30 years. Anyways, the bird's name is Tuki and she only does things on her terms. She knows how to step up but if she doesn't want to she'll bite and hold on. I have so many cuts and scabs on my fingers from Tuki biting me. She won't let go unless I touch her head and she does not like to be touched. I have no experience with birds at all so I have no clue how to stop the biting but I do know to act like it doesn't hurt but that's just so hard. She's out of the cage about 8 hours a day and she has lots of toys and things to keep her occupied too as well as a cage that's big enough for an indian ringneck or eclectus so I hope it's not that she isn't happy. It's really not that she isn't tame I just think she doesn't like hands and fingers. I'd love to have her tame enough someday to the point that she'd actually let me scratch her head someday and clip her nails without taking her to the vet. Does anyone have any tips that would help me with my situation? Thank you so much for your time
3 answers 3