Is there a distro of Linux that has the look and feel of Windows 7 even more than Linux Mint?

I'm experimenting with Linux Mint. I find it is fairly Windows 10-like in look and feel, and so it is usable to me.

But I really really like the look and feel of Windows 7. I like the menus that pop up when you hit the Start Button, the Aero look of the windows, etc.

Is there a distro of Linux that is even more like Windows 7?

You might want to take a look at CentOS. The biggest thing CentOS brings is long term stability. Very little of your windows knowledge will translate directly to Linux, so don't expect much of that. In any Linux distro you will be able to choose among several different versions of the user interface "look & feel." You'll generally be able to try out KDE, Gnome, Xfce, and Mate, so even after selecting a distro you won't be locked into a particular UI.

What's annoying to many long term users is the way things in any OS keep changing in big ways every few years. CentOS gives you 10 years of updates without giant changes in operation. Those of us who have lived through win95, 98, 2000, xp, 7, &10 are tired of continually adapting to changes. More than any particular details about the CentOS user interface, I like its stability.

• keerok

Mint is the closest I know. You won't find one that looks and feels like windows though. It will never be the same. When you switch from windows to linux, you must stop thinking in windows terms.

• Lv 7

noep, though you can always use a Theme.

• Sky

Have you tried OpenSUSE? I use that because it allowed me to set up the desktop fairly close to the windows classic look (98/XP). It took me a little while to find all the relevant settings but eventually I got something that was familiar with the icons on the desktop the start button in the lower left with menu structure and recently used items, taskbar across the bottom, the tray on the lower right, and the important "minimize all" button next to the start button. You might be able to make it look like windows 7. (Personally I hate the default XP and windows 7 looks. I always try to set them up as close as possible to the windows classic look from the days of NT4/95/98.)