Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 months ago

Which instant camera is the best on the basis of durability, ease of use, and picture quality; the Polaroid SX70 or the Lomo Instant Square?

To get the most for my money, i need to know which instant camera is the best on the basis of durability, ease of use, and picture quality; the Polaroid SX-70 or the Lomo Instant Square?

BQ: Which instant camera is the best on the basis of price, the Polaroid SX70 or the Lomo Instant Square?

Please try to answer both questions! I need as much info as i can get. Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

Ease of use goes certainly to an autofocus SX-70. But you might like to have a flash with it so the bundle available at Polaroid Originals will set you back almost 500 US$. And you are buying a camera that is decades old, even if it is refurbished. The MINT flash would be new, of course.

https://eu.polaroidoriginals.com/collections/sx70-...

So the Lomography Instant Square is available from 169 US$ upwards (depending on color and bundled accaessories), can use two formats of film (instax SQUARE and instax MINI) has built in flash and other features and is looking as weird as the SX-70 was in its time. And it's an all new product with warrenty and all.And it delivers fine pics on ready available instax film, which I regard as the big bonus here. As much as I like using my old Polaroid cameras, I'm not entirely convinced with the film by Polaroid Originals.

https://shop.lomography.com/en/cameras/lomo-instan...

So my conclusion is that if you are going to buy new I would choose the Lomo. If you have an SX-70 lying around or getting it cheap from a thrift store I would say try it out, but I would not spend 500 US$ on an old instant camera. No matter how iconic it might be.

But that's just personal opinion, based on some facts from person who has both but got the SX-70 for free from a late relative.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Picture quality is not going to be much different between all of the various models.

Ease of use couldn't be more simpler as they're all point and shoot. Really, a 5 year old could grab any instant-film camera and use it without ever reading the manual.

• 2 months ago

To get the most for your money, Don't Buy Any Instant Camera.

They are ALL compromises and NONE of them will produce results worth keeping.

• Holy Vengeance
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

This person didn't ask you or any one else for your unwanted biased opinion against instant cameras. This person asked out of which 2 instant cameras is the best. Trolls like you who spam for points and don't answer questions exactly don't deserve to be on yahoo answers and should be banned FOREVER.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.