Should feel bad that I gave money to a beggar?

16 yo female I was walking alone from my car into a building when I this woman on her bike, accompanied by a man on another bike. the woman stops and says 'excuse me can i ask you something?' while the man rides away .she says that she hasn't eaten in two days and shows me a dime in her hand and says... show more 16 yo female I was walking alone from my car into a building when I this woman on her bike, accompanied by a man on another bike. the woman stops and says 'excuse me can i ask you something?' while the man rides away .she says that she hasn't eaten in two days and shows me a dime in her hand and says it's all she had. She asked if I could help her out. I was very scared at that point as I had never experienced this kind of situation before. There was no one else around and out of fear mostly I gave her a five dollar bill. She says that she and her friend need 12 dollars to buy the popeyes chicken bucket. I gave her 7 more dollars and she thanked me. I know she asked me because I looked young and vulnerable. I just feel like now I shouldn't have done it.
8 answers 8