Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 3 months ago

Is it rude when a friend or family member wants you to go to a restaurant you don't like going to with them?

There is a restaurant that my brother and his wife loves, the one time I went there I did not like it because the food was overpriced and the service was very slow (I've had an empty glass for like 15 minutes), I really don't want to go back to that restaurant because I don't like it when my glass is empty for a long time period.

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

One bad visit could be an anomaly. Give it one more shot. If it still doesn't please you then on future visits you can inform your brother that, although he likes that place you don't. Tell him you'd like to try something different. But remember, if you dine out with them often you both should be free to pick restaurants sometimes, but you too must go back to the place they enjoy once in a while. Fair is fair.

No. Everyone in family equal. Why not treat them equal.

It's not rude - they like the restaurant, so like visiting it

You didn't like it on the one occasion you went there

If you don't want to return, tell them you'd prefer to try somewhere else; perhaps make a suggestion for alternatives.

Well, if they're paying, I can tolerate a lot.

It’s fine you always have an option right

• Bob

To me it's not rude of them to ask, and it's not rude of you to decline if you don't want to go.

Then don't go suggest another restaurant

No it's not rude, and it's also not rude to either decline of suggest an alternative restaurant

• Erik

No, it's not rude for them to ask, and it's not rude for you to say no. People are too damn sensitive these days.

No, it's not rude of them to want to spend time with you.