Can’t remember movie title but remember the details of the movie?

So it was a movie about Latinos in the hood. I remember clearly someone dying while they were out getting food, the main character had a dad i think addicted to drugs and promised he would stop but he ended up doing them again causing the son to be very mad and beating him senseless. I also remember the main... show more So it was a movie about Latinos in the hood.

I remember clearly someone dying while they were out getting food, the main character had a dad i think addicted to drugs and promised he would stop but he ended up doing them again causing the son to be very mad and beating him senseless. I also remember the main character going to a burger or hot dog shop and speaking to the guy there for advice. There was also a Puerto Rican kid in the movie, I’m pretty sure he died in the movie too... it really bugs me that i can’t remember what it was called. I really want to watch it again.