Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

Is this right for me to do?

I’ve been thinking about attempting suicide in order for my mom to take me to the doctor. I’m 14 and I haven’t been to the doctor since I was six besides for shots. I’m scared I have some bad because I shake a lot and forget lots of things etc. I don’t know what to do.

You should tell your mom if your comfortable to tell her. If not you can talk to your counselor at school or the nurse at school, they are great to listen to your concern and help you know what to do.

Source(s): Self

Pay attention to the good people in your life. Is there someone at school you respect? Anyone at all you feel is good and might help you? Ask them , and i hope they will help you get the help you need. Realize your mom is the sick one not you. You under the proper care will be fine , you've just had a bad mother is all and you can get over her.

Not a good idea. It looks like you need to rest. You can only find true rest in God. God loves you. He died for our sins and rose on the third day. Ask Jesus Christ to help you in your situation. He is waiting for you. Make this step of faith and you will see His mighty hand work on your behalf.

Tell an aunt or uncle or teacher at school, or tell you Mom how you really feel. You could also tell the nurse at your school.

• zoe10 months agoReport

I’ve told my mom so many times. She tells me “she doesn’t want to hear about it” some people in these answers make me think I should actually do it and not wake up. I’ve tried to do on ibreprophen but she didn’t say anything. My dad didn’t either. I guess I gotta wait until I’m 18.. - op

• Edna

You're 14 years old and you think there's something "bad" wrong you because you shake and forget things and your mom hasn't taken you to a doctor since you were 6? You don't have a physical problem - you have a mental problem.

Sure -- go ahead and attempt suicide so that you mom will take you to a doctor. If you do that, the doctor will slap you into the psych unit in a hospital so fast that it'll make your head swim! Then, you WILL shake and you'll wish you COULD forget things while they're doping you up with psychotropic medication.

Seeing a doctor will do you no harm. A doc can't force you to do anything against your will especially with your mom there.

That's one way to get ''attention seeker'' written in red pen across your medical records. Psychiatrists train for over 14 years so they can see through a child claiming to have ''attempted suicide''. Parasuicide - a suicidal gesture without the intent to die - often gets an adult a diagnosis of a cluster B personality disorder, often borderline personality disorder.

Some doctors will diagnose adolescents with a PD so you're not completely safe because of your age. BPD has a huge stigma attached to it and if you're diagnosed with it it will ruin your life. Parasuicide isn't going to result in a trip to your family doctor, it's a trip to the ER, a strip search and 3 days in the psych ward. They'll over medicate you as there's not much else they can do in 72 hours and you'll be forced to take the meds for years afterwards.

A ''suicide attempt'' will also prevent you persuing many careers and could wreck your future. You need to sit your mom down and talk to her because your plan is just plain stupid and it's the bitchiest thing to put your mom through this just so you get your own way.

• atomic fireball

Can’t believe some of these comments. What’s wrong with you people? This is a 14 year old trying to get help. Can’t believe some of these comments. No empathy. Your inner torment only finds relief in causing distress to a 14 year old child who’s already suffering and afraid? Is that it?

• Alfred

absolutely wrong idea- to attempt suicide - no matter what...

you're at the utmost age of growing and flourishing in every way on one hand - and a very difficult age, too, on the other hand.

instead - immediately let your mom exactly know what you're going through, ask for and timely get the help you need....

and I think it's just about time for some- other - responsible adult thereof : Family Doctor, school counsellor or so... to exactly know what you're going through, as well...

• zoe10 months agoReport

We do not have a family doctor.. that’s the whole point. I’ve told my mom so many times.

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Thank you for reaching out for help! Suicide is never the answer, as it is permanent and can never be taken back. You have a full life ahead of you, and ending your life is not the answer. If you feel like you cannot keep yourself safe right now, please seek professional help immediately.

Make sure that you tell someone about these thoughts, whether that a parent, a close friend, or your school counselor. It is important to have people who support you through this. Sometimes when people go through difficult or stressful situations, suicidal thoughts can arise. The important thing is to seek help from those around you, and to be honest with what you are thinking.

Please know that there are people who can and will help you with what you are going through. You may want to consider talking with a counselor at a hotline. Many hotlines are 24/7 and will work with you and situations like yours. Some even have email and/or chat if you would prefer. I hope that you will continue to reach out! Sincerely, KO, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/
  • patty

tell your mother the symptoms and she will take u to the dr.