Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 4 months ago

Can I sell extra fruits and vegetables that I grow in my garden?

• I care

Probably best to inquire with your Town Hall, and if so, have fun sharing your garden supplies in your area.

To setup prices, maybe check out area Grocery store..prices....good luck

I guess that will be determined by where you live and what the local by-laws say on the matter. Check it out before trying or you might be arrested.

Ask your local grocery store. If you have enough and of good enough quality, the local store may set aside a space and sell them. We have sold lemons and persimmons that way. We have too many lemon and persimmons trees, so in times past we would make a deal, pick the fruit, wash it up good and take it to the store. They would sell it for twice what they paid us and it would be gone in about 2 days. What is sort of interesting/strange is that when the supply gets low, people stop buying. They won't buy the same fruit from a nearly empty bin.

Sure, if you have a buyer.

Get a cart and walk around town. That's how I did it in '71. Or people in farmers' markets do it.

Only if you give me a fruit.