Is it okay to use dried herbs in place of fresh herbs and use chicken or beef broth in place of stock when a recipe calls for it ?

Since I’m an amateur cook I don’t know if it’s important to follow recipes precisely to the teeth and there are limitations on me getting some of this stuff Like for example I want to do a risotto recipe and it calls for fresh parsley, shallots and chicken stock but I’ve never seen shallots in my local Walmart or... show more Since I’m an amateur cook I don’t know if it’s important to follow recipes precisely to the teeth and there are limitations on me getting some of this stuff

Like for example I want to do a risotto recipe and it calls for fresh parsley, shallots and chicken stock but I’ve never seen shallots in my local Walmart or Kroger’s, fresh parsley is pretty expensive and goes bad very quickly and I already have chicken and beef broth in my cabinets and don’t want to pay $4 for chicken stock . Also I don’t have parsley in my garden since my garden is very limited on herbs