Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

She said she filed for divorce recently. I haven't heard anything. We live together and I don't want to move. What usually happens next?

I'm panicking some. I love her very much and she says she loves me very much but that things aren't working. She gets very angry. Anyway. What can I do I do now while I'm hyperventilating and feel completely lost. Nothing feels right. I'm very upset.

Do I get served? Does the atty call me to tell me what she expects? Do I wait for the court to take action? Etc?

She's probably just verbally threatening you .

• LP7

Do not move.There's counselling that may be able to help you both.She needs to make an effort to reconcile.You can also seek legal advice.Right now do not move from the premises.Be practical and try to do the daily tasks and attempt to talk with her about why she wants a divorce.

Get some marriage/relationship counseling if she is willing. It seems wrong for two people who profess to love each other to go ahead and get a divorce - working out what is wrong and fixing that makes far more sense.

I wouldn't believe about her filing the papers til you have something in your hand that proves it.

• Ana

That’s what she wants. You’re giving her all the power and now she can go bang other guys. You need to take the power back!