Post scaphoid fixation surgery pain?

had surgery approx 4 months ago and this past 2 months I’ve been getting a lot of pain and a constant clicking noise every time I move my wrist. I fractured my scaphoid in February and ended up getting a herbert screw in as it was a nonunion. Doc did an ultrasound to check if it was tendons causing the pain &... show more had surgery approx 4 months ago and this past 2 months I’ve been getting a lot of pain and a constant clicking noise every time I move my wrist. I fractured my scaphoid in February and ended up getting a herbert screw in as it was a nonunion. Doc did an ultrasound to check if it was tendons causing the pain & clicking which it wasn’t and xrays are all clear. I’ve been referred to a hand therapist. My wrist movement is absolutely fine 70 per cent of what it was before but there is a constant annoyance somewhere.
Has anyone had this complication before ? The surgeon is baffled as to what is causing it and is putting it down to scar tissue and hopes the physio will improve it
1 answer 1