So I about done writing my first novel. I wonder how much violence in a book is too much?

In my story warfare is a large focus as other medieval stories are, but the blood is focused on for the magic of the land uses the blood of both caster and fallen for larger spells. I have already gotten rid of a lot of 'mindless' violence rather violence for the sake of violence but some scenes like... show more In my story warfare is a large focus as other medieval stories are, but the blood is focused on for the magic of the land uses the blood of both caster and fallen for larger spells. I have already gotten rid of a lot of 'mindless' violence rather violence for the sake of violence but some scenes like introducing one of the villains as the genocidal warlord they are, in their moment I can't bring myself to remove the cruelty and coldness in their heart through their horrible acts just so everyone can see their true selves.

So basically should I patch up some of the brutality of warfare for the sake of it and know the reader can imagine what that character is doing or should I deliver the savagery of medieval combat to the light?!