My EX Girlfreind lied to me about her sexuality.?

Recently in October of 2018, My girlfreind( who i was together with for 7 or 8 months) broke up with me because she was and still is a lesbian. Now, i am NOT a homophobe,but, she lied to me about it in between those months saying she was straight when she wasnt.

I was told by a couple of her freinds that she was lesbian way before we got together. So why did she date me as oppose to coming clean when i revealed i like her? This inferiated me but no matter how many times i asked why she did this, she would just ghost me, so i gave up. To this day she wants to be freinds but i dont, plus she has a Girlfreind and i dont feel like having people bugging me about them. What do i?

I think the reason she didn't tell you is because she may not have wanted to lose you as a friend, or for fear of being judged.

Cool story bro - tell it again!

And you lied to her saying you could spell correctly. Go buy a dictionary! This inferiated me.

Probably she hates herself and was trying to be straight. This doesn't excuse lying to you or leading you on. I would drop her as a friend. She has issues and is untrust-worthy.

She wasn't doing it to hurt you. She was figuring it out for herself. There's nothing you can do about her being homosexual or bisexual. But you can choose to still love her and be her friend and support her at a time in her life where she really needs friends. But she did hurt you, intentionally or unintentionally, so you have every right to turn your back and shut her out of your life.

Is she important enough to you that you can love her, even if there is no chance of a romantic relationship?

• Rose

It sounds like you really liked her. If she’s ignoring you, there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s going to take time to really process what you’ve been through, I can only imagine how your feeling.

Honestly she was probably denying the fact that she's a lesbian and broke up with you when she realized she couldn't keep denying it. Im not sure how old you both are. But my guess is her parents are probably homophobic. I doubt she intentionally meant to hurt you, she probably thought that maybe if she dated you she wouldn't be gay anymore. Its not uncommon for someone who is LGBT, especially someone who is in an unaccepting family, to try and force themselves to be straight or deny it before they finally come to accept themselves.

Also ignore what others say. Its possible she may of told her friends she was questioning herself about being into girls. But when she dated you she may of thought she could still be straight or bi. Also other people, even friends, can make up assumptions and rumors about people.

okay well what about the length 7-8months couldn't she of figured it out sooner? Not necessarily, since she still wants to be friends with you she does care about you. And she likely confused those feelings of caring for you as romantic ones. She likely didn't fully realize it until she developed a crush on the girl who is currently dating and the light bulb went off in her head as she realized what actual feelings of attraction are.

But still, she hurt you. You don't owe her friendship and she doesn't owe you an explanation. Its probably best for both of you if you move on your separate ways. If you really want her to talk to you about why then you can't come at her mad, you have to cool off first and be ready to listen to her story. If you really want to know you need to give yourself a break first so you can heal from the heartbreak. As for people asking you about them, if its your friends be honest with them and tell them you would really prefer they don't mention them. If they aren't friends tell them you don't care, they are doing it to get a rise out of you bc they know its a sucky thing to go through. Don't give them a reaction and eventually they will get board.

• Brian

So, recently, as in last year, right?

You move on and stop thinking about it.

(And also you learn the difference between "lesbian" and "bisexual". A lesbian would not voluntarily have sex with a male.)