Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Do reversals work? Should I fess up or play dumb when they do a test and it shows no sperm?

I got a vasectomy after we had our 1st child and didn t tell my wife.  Now she wants to have another child and I dont.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

If you're saying that you had a Vasectomy unbeknownst to your wife... you need to "fess up".

She's your wife... always be honest with her.

The drama from the truth is easier to bear than the drama from lies.

And if you didn't ask for a reversible one when you had it done, it's unlikely you'll be able to reverse it.

• what a horrible thing to have done. Why did you bother getting married.

• 2 months ago

tell her you are sterile and the kid isnt yours

• Josie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It might depend on your age and how long ago you "got' this vasectomy.

I would ask around for a good Divorce lawyer before you tell her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vasectomies are not designed to be reversable and most cannot be reversed after a few years anyway.

You should NOT have had it done originally without at least talking to your wife. You will now need to tell her what you did, as clearly you will not be able to father any more children.

The only way you can increase your family as your wife wants is to use IVF from a donor's sperm or to adopt one of the many children needing a family.

• 2 months ago

I'm surprised the doctor would do one on a married man without the consent of the wife.

• Matt
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You fool. You should have told her before at least. Fess up and apollogive for keeping it sectret and not discussing it with her.

• 2 months ago

It depends on the vasectomy. Some are reversible -- there's a "plug" in the tube, so it can be removed with minimal problems.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.