promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

is it true what i hear that BIBLEGOD is canaanite god?

The outgrowth of Yahweh-centric belief, along with a number of cultic practices, gradually gave rise to a distinct Israelite ethnic group, setting them apart from other Canaanites. In the Hebrew Bible the term Israelites is used interchangeably with the term Twelve Tribes of Israel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I did read a book about this a while back, Gangsta (apologies if it is not G). It appears that the early Hebrews actually rose from the Canaanites as a group of outcasts from the coastal cities. Eventually their strength swelled enough to defeat the established cities and take over.

If that is so, then of course they shared the same gods initially. As they found their feet as a new society they would have wanted to accentuate the differences and thus a new face to an old god would have been constructed.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

They really didn't change much that quickly, most of the Bible was written after 600 BC, long after Yahwhism was established as the state religion.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Not necessarily, Yahweh is not mentioned in Canaanite mythology, though the Israelites had already replaced the Canaanites by the time Yahweh was regarded as the main godhead.

Another theory is that the Shasu nomadic tribe brought Yahweh into Canaan. I've also heard someone say the Shasu *were* the proto-Israelites but I don't believe there's any evidence for such.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You're too old to believe everything you hear.

• Donald
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

you should study more.

be careful using WIKI to prove or disprove the bible.

many here have too much time on their hands.

they live to change things. (edit?)

Gen 9:18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.

Source(s): your spelling is still a gross error. I will not correct it. (sacred name of GOD)? the family of Noah worshipped GOD. but clearly differently as time went on. (children of Caanan) they also worshiped Baal. who is really satan (worship).
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The Bible tes us that there is only one true God. He created all in heaven and on earth. Because he gave us ife, he is the only one we should worship. - 1 Corinthians 8:5,6; Rev. 4:11

God has many titles but has only one name. That name is Jehovah. - Exodus 3:15; Psalm 83:18.

Source(s): Bible
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.