Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

My friend eats so damn slow!!! Why does the irritate me?

Whenever we eat, she eats so slow. I would be done but she has half of her plate of food. It takes her like 30 minutes to eat. I eat in like 5-15 minutes. That's why I don't like going out to eat with her because she eats SLOW!! UGH!

I tell her to hurry up but she ignores me and takes her time. She says, "I like taking my time. You just eat like a pig."

You should have seen my face expression. My other friend said, "BURN?"

How can she call me a pig?! My guy frienx said, "Well she has a point. You do eat like a pig and it isn't ladylike."

• audrey
    Favorite Answer

I'm with you. I like to eat my food when it's hot. Just find other activities to do with these so called friends or better yet, dump them and find some new decent friends.

She may be eating terribly slowly, but from what your other friends say, YOU'RE eating terribly fast.

Find an inbetween.

You're the only person who knows why you feel what you feel.

Only you can know why your friend's eating habit irritates you. Be open to exploring what specifically causes you frustration and annoyance. Remember, we each make choices right for us and you not liking your friend's behavior, does not negate what she does. This choice makes sense for your friend.

With this friend, take all the food TO GO. Never in the restaurant. So you both can eat at your own pace.

Or if necessary, have her get to the restaurant first, so she can order for herself and start eating. You can meet her later at the restaurant

Okay mate it's ok

why go out with her to eat? maybe you should be late and tell her to start without you and so she will be half done by the time you get there

cause you dont like her eating slow, dont eat with her if it bothers you

You are wolfing your food down. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to get a full signal to your brain.

Slow down, savor the taste of the food. You'd be really out place in a fine dinging establishment where meals can last 2 hours.

If you don't like waiting for others to finish then perhaps you should only eat by yourself. Eating out should be an experience not just fueling the machine.

If you eat your food in 5 minutes, you're probably starving.