What kind of rock is this?

It is very heavy - as heavy as a piece of iron the same size. It was found in northern Maine. I used it as a pestle to grind coffee while camping. It is extremely hard. Note penny for scale.
Update: The gold flecks are just that. Gold-ish colored deposits. They aren't dirt. I washed it thoroughly with a brush.
Update 2: I just tested. It makes a compass needle deflect. Nickel iron meteorite?
Update 3: I took it to the geology department at a nearby university. They got pretty excited about it. It was actually comical with several professors and grad students fawning over it. It is indeed a Pallasite and it was shaped by a glacier. So here's a great big middle finger to all those who said that it wasn't.... show more I took it to the geology department at a nearby university. They got pretty excited about it. It was actually comical with several professors and grad students fawning over it. It is indeed a Pallasite and it was shaped by a glacier. So here's a great big middle finger to all those who said that it wasn't. ROFL!